Port Security

TWIC Regulations

Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)

Maritime workers including terminal employees, longshoremen, truck drivers, agents and contractors must have a TWIC to gain unescorted access to Maryland Port Administration (MPA) facilities.

TWIC is federally mandated and enforcement is carried out by the U.S. Coast Guard. More Information regarding TWIC can be found on the Coast Guard's web site at http://homeport.uscg.mil/twic or the Transportation Security Administration's (TSA) web site at http://www.tsa.gov/twic . TWIC Enrollment Center locations and hours of operation can be found on TSA's website.

Although the MPA is not responsible for issuing or enforcing the TWIC, there are some questions specific to the MPA facilities that are addressed here.

[+] Expand All [-] Collapse All

  • Question: Will facility employees still need a MPA Terminal ID Badge to enter the port?

  • Question: Why are both the MPA Terminal ID Badge and the TWIC card necessary?

  • Question: What happens if I don't have a TWIC?

  • Question: What about crewmembers aboard the ships? Is there a way for them to leave the dock?

Access Requirements

[+] Expand All [-] Collapse All

  • Facility Employees & Contractors

  • Visitors & Vendors

  • Truckers

  • Approved Escort Companies

The hardest part of planning your vacation may be picking a destination.

Visit our Cruise Maryland site for more information.



POB eBroadcast